Friday, July 31, 2009
Lesson Plans and Blogging
While going through the list of edubloggers and picking ones that seemed relevant to my subject(English), I got excited when I read Dana Huff's latest entry. She has created a "Back to School Contest" in which teachers can share a lesson plan for grades 9-12 that is only their own original ideas. The lesson plan must be on writing, literature, or grammar, or a combination of all three. The winner receives a flash drive with a ton of Dana Huff's personal handouts, as well as quizzes assignments etc. While I don't think that I am ready to enter a contest such as this(I have only written one lesson plan in a group), it made me think about the opportunities that blogging creates for teachers. If I am stuck on a unit, and cannot manage to think of a creative way to present it to my students, I can write a blog about it and other english teachers could collaborate with me, or I bet I could find an entry out there on the subject, or at least an entry that could inspire some exciting ideas. Technology has the capability to create an exciting learning environment for students and teachers, and I can't wait to see how I will utilize it in my teaching career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You bring up a good point- aside from being a wonderful resource for students, technology can serve as a great resource for other teachers! As much as we would like to recognize how brilliant we are, our creative minds won't be in full gear all the time and there might be points where we feel stuck. But thanks to technology, we have the ability to just click on another edublogger's page and pull inspiration from their ideas to get the creative wheels turning. Good discovery!
ReplyDeleteThat's a really cool discovery you made. That leads me to wonder if this edublogger will also post some of the lesson plans that people submit for further ideas?? I would keep checking on that to find out since that would be a wonderful resource for you!
ReplyDelete