Saturday, April 24, 2010

Charter School Job Fair

Usually I spend my Saturday mornings sleeping in, catching up on the lack of sleep from the week, but this morning I woke up bright and early to attend the MAPSA charter school job fair in Southfield. My first reaction to it would be WOW! There were so many people there (more than I ever expected). The lines for each table were winding around the room, which made it hard to figure out what lines to even stand in. There were significantly more people there than there were at the University of Michigan job fair which was interesting to me. Although I got some positive feedback at it, the amount of people there made the job search process seem even more daunting. Granted, there were people there for elementary education as well, but the experience made it very clear how competitive the job search is going to be. I do think that we will stand out from MAC and a full year of student teaching, but we will see! Happy job searching to my fellow MACers :)

1 comment:

  1. Daunting, definitely true..but YOU got an INTERVIEW! Way to go giiiiiirl :)

    ReplyDelete